Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Great Gifts For the Mothers You Know


The beautiful woman that you see here is Bernadene High Coleman, a member of Prolific Writers. She is like a mother to me for she has given me a lot of wisdom. I don't have a photo of my mother to post here but Bernadene is just beautiful not only in stature; she is beautiful at heart. She is an excellent writer. "Beyond Color" is one of her books, I believe it is her latest one.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. Many persons are thankful indeed that their mothers are still alive and there are many who have lost their mothers within this year. In any event, mothers are appreciated by their children for they indeed brought us into this world and no matter how old we become, they still care for us and look at us as their children. They always will.

I am thankful for my mother despite our not being that close, for she has some things that she has to really let go of and she will with God's help. It is good that I have the insight to know that and it keeps me from getting upset when I don't get the phone calls, visits, and conversations that my other siblings get. I am uniquely her daughter, Sister Serious! I can be quite busy and focused about many things that I am trying to accomplish all alone for that is what sister serious is used to. Despite that, I love my mother from the apartment at Pier 3, from the windows of my soul, for she deserves my love. I deserves her love, too. I am glad that she gave birth to me and that I am still breathing. She is still alive and in the Poconos at this time and that is a good thing! She still travels at the age of sixty-six. Go ahead mother with yo bad self! I just called her at the Poconos and you know what! She is watching a Lifetime movie! She appreciated my call. God is in control of all things.

Every year when Mother's Day rolls around, there are so many advertisements about diamonds and expensive jewelry that we're supposed to buy to make our moms feel appreciated. Now my friends, it is not all about money. You want to bless the mother in your life without spending a fortune.

1. Any picture of her children will be appreciated by her. You can create personalized photo albums with captions and memorabilia which will be appreciated. You know she will delight over such gifts. At craft stores blank ones can be bought in all sizes.

2. Write out a coupon for a night of babysitting.

3. How about a coupon for housecleaning?

4. A basket filled with a picnic for her family and you can throw in her favorite chocolate.

5. Compose a letter of genuine appreciation telling her how much she has meant in your life. Enumerate some of the wonderful things that she has done for you over the years.

6. Design a powerpoint presentation of her favorite memories. The sky is the limit, if you are computer savvy!

7. Organize her photographs for her.

8. Polish all of the silver in her house. If she does not have silver, buy a drawer organizer and organize her junk drawer.

9. Plant a row of flowers in her yard.

10. Homemade food..lasagna, bread, pot pie, soup...) is a hit!

The above ten suggestions don't cost a lot of money, if any at all! But they cost time and true attention, they require some effort. Appreciate your mother on Mother's Day but don't let it end there! Love her every day in every way.

**the above ten suggestions were taken from the In touch magazine. **

Red Rose, Crimson Beauty....Petals of Passion, Petals of Peace

I am sending the poetry to the publisher next Friday for a free review. Please pray for me, for this is a first. I am still dealing with school work, so it is going to take great effort; however it must be done for the goal is the month of June. I need to have my work publish!

Queen Writer






2 comments:

mochasistah said...

You do offer some great low cost options. I found over the years, my mom doesn't want much. Just our time and efforts for her. So we usually take her out and don't get no plants. She hates em. She just wants to spend time with her children and be surrounded by us. It's the little things that count to let her know that we care and we appreciate her. I also know your "poetry mother" and met her last year in Los Angeles, she was the sweetest person ever. Keep shining queen and working with your mom and valuing her~

MsJayy said...

Great ideas Diamond. My sister & I surprised our Mom with a new dining room set. I'm going up to hang out with her this weekend. Of course I'll get a "Mother's Day" card from Princess So Fabulous also. You're right about mothers - they need, want & deserve our love. Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Though we don't have any children by birth, we do help raise those in our family & communities. Stay blessed!